So for once I was not prepared on what I was going to eat for dinner! I know shock horror, how could ‘miss organised’ let this happen! Well, sometimes it happens to the best of us, but what I did end up with was an amazing delicious meal I had to share with you!
This meal can easily be made vegetarian too, just don’t add the bacon.
So it was a Sunday night, I was buggered after a day of house work, shopping and chasing kids! I looked at the clock and it was 6.30om and I was wondering what to make for dinner, I wanted something keto of course, but different, not my usual omelette or, chicken and vegetable meal so I grabbed what I had and was surprised by the tasty result!
My Vegetable, bacon and double cream delight!
- 200g of sliced mushrooms
- 1 bok choy
- 1 red capsicum/pepper
- 2 carrots (spiraled) I used my veggetti to spiral the carrots.
- ½ brown onion diced
- 1 cup of sliced pumpkin
- 2T butter
- 250g bacon pieces
- 1 zucchini
- 300mls double cream
- Salt & pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 cups of water
In a non-stick frying pan add 1 table spoon of butter.
On medium heat add the mushrooms, bacon pieces and onion, cook until onion goes brown.
In the same pan add all of the cream and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Cream should change to a golden colour and thicken – Take off heat.
While the mushrooms are cooking prep your vegetables.
- In another non-stick frying pan.
- Add 1 table spoon of butter and the garlic
- Throw in the pumpkin and red pepper. Cover with a lid – cook until they are soft. (8 mins) Stir so the pumpkin doesn’t stick and burn
- Then add the sliced zucchini, bok choy and spiralled carrots.
- Add cumin powder, smoked paprika, pink salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup of water and leave to simmer for 10 mins on medium heat with the lid on.
Now add both pans together.
- Pour the cream, mushrooms, bacon and onion into the current cooking pan and mix all ingredients together.
- Add the last 1 cup of water to create more sauce.
- Simmer with lid off for another few minutes so all ingredients are hot and the flavours have mixed together well.
Then serve and enjoy!!
I got 2 servings out of this meal.