I hate Winter! Im not someone who handles the cold well, but I do love making warm dishes over salads any day! Here is my recipe for a quick easy, healthy, nutrient packed low calorie meal!
Pumpkin, Zucchini & Turmeric Low Calorie Fry Up
You will need:
- 200g Zucchini sliced
- 200g pumpkin sliced
- 100 grams of mixed frozen cauliflower & broccoli
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- and a good non stick frying pan (I use flavourstone)
- Slice the pumpkin and Zucchini and heat the pan. Do not add any oils or fats to the pan as they are high in calories, if you have a bad pan or are not counting calories add as much butter/ keto approved oil as you want.
- Once the frying pan is hot – add the pumpkin and zucchini into the pan on medium heat add the 1 cup of water and turmeric – stir and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 5 minutes string occasionally.
- In a microwave container add all of the cauliflower & broccoli, cover with water and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- After microwave vegetables are done drain and add to the frying pan.
- Cook all vegetables together add salt, pepper and spices I like to use rosemary – keep the lid on.
- If you want a more stew type texture with pumpkin juice just add more water towards the end.
- Once vegetables are all soft and cooked together its done. Enjoy!
Calories: 170 yep all that for only 170 cals!
If you want to add more fats you can add coconut oil and a yummy melting cheese! Like I have done below with mozzarella cheese, making it like a vegetable bake.