I love Lebanese food but there is always so much bread items on the menu or I dont have time to stop in for take away on my way home from work and explain that I want a chicken, cheese, garlic and no bread wrap but wrapped in a lettuce wrap.. Im sure you know where Im coming from!
So tonight I have made my own version of a delicious Lebanese chicken, cheese and garlic wrap all wrapped up in a fresh lettuce leaf! Well leaves, as I had 3!
- 300 grams of chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 3 Lettuce leaf cups
- 100 grams of mozzarella cheese
- 1 x teaspoon of crushed garlic
- Moroccan Spice
Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 200g whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
Making the garlic sauce:
- Add the whole egg mayonnaise, crushed garlic, salt & pepper and cumin powder into a bowl and mix well.
Cooking the chicken and making the wraps
- Cook the chicken breast and season with spices to your liking.
- Once the chicken is cooked shred it into pieces
- place the chicken on a plate so its all flattened out.
- cover the chicken with the garlic sauce – add as much as you would like
- cover the chicken with the mozzarella cheese
- put in the microwave for 40 seconds so the cheese and sauce melt through
- Scoop out the chicken mixture into your 3 lettuce cups, wrap them up and enjoy!