You say chocolate and you have my full attention! Today Im going to share with you my yummy mud cake that will only take 70 seconds to cook! AND its keto approved!
Starting the ketogenic diet, or I now say ‘my way of eating’, I knew I would have to give up the one thing I loved SUGAR and in 2nd place was chocolate. Dont get me wrong I have never felt better in my life now from doing it.
In the past I would eat so much sugar a day – the new me would slap me silly! I went cold turkey straight away as you do when starting keto and have gone well when it comes to sugar cravings, always having cheese or nuts to stop the cravings. But as it has now been 6 months I want to learn to make special desserts that are sweet and chocolate flavour so I can enjoy a sweet meal on special occasions with friends or when we have a girls night on the couch! So Im very glad that I found the natural sweetener stevia and the yummy organic cocoa powder to bring you my Keto Chocolate Mud Mug Cake.
Watch the Youtube video here
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Stevia
- 2 tsp. Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- Select a perfect microwave safe coffee cup or mug.
- Add the butter into the mug and microwave for 20 seconds
- Once the butter has melted add your sweetener
- Add your cocoa powder to the mug and mix well
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour & baking powder next and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix all ingredients together very well so there are no lumps
- If you want to be very good you can half this mixture now to make 2 little mug cakes.. but of course I didnt do that!
- Microwave the mug for 70 seconds (this works well in my 1100w microwave but some may differ slightly give or take a few seconds)
- Be careful removing the mug from the microwave in case the mixture is too hot.
- Eat warm!
- FOR EXTRA YUMMINESS- If you would like to add more fat to your day.. or you just love cream Whip some thickened cream to add on top of your cake and enjoy!
|Chocolate Cake in a Mug||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 Tbsp. Salted Butter||200||24||0||0||0||0|
|2 Tbsp. Almond Flour||80||7||3||2||1||3|
|2 tsp. Coconut Flour||20||1||3||2||1||1|
|1/4 tsp. Vanilla||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 Large Egg||70||5||0.7||0||0.7||6|
|2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder||20||1||6||4||2||2|
|1/2 tsp. Baking Powder||1||0||0.6||0||0.6||0|