So I love pizza and bread and even more I used to eat alot of ham and cheese croissants and cheese and bacon rolls… yum! But starting my keto way of life Ive had to stop all that. It doesn’t bother me but I do miss the yummy taste of melted ham and cheese on warm bread.. UNTIL I found out what a Stromboli was! If you have never made a Stromboli – i suggest you give it a try.. you will love it!
4 tbsp Almond Flour
3 tbsp Coconut Flour
4 tbsp butter melted
1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (140 grams) shredded – I have used Woolworths home brand.
1 egg (large)
- Preheat oven to 200’c
- melt butter in the microwave and set aside.
- Melt shredded cheese in the microwave at 30% power for about 2 mins in a 1200 watt microwave.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, melted butter and egg to your melted cheese and combine.
- Microwave the dough/batter for 5-10 seconds to make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Before rolling out the dough microwave again for 10 seconds.
- Form a rectangle on top of grease proof paper, place another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll out into a rectangular shape.
- Slice the sides (the longest sides) to get nice straight edges with a pizza cutter.
- Using the pizza cutter slice the strips on each side evenly. Only go about a third of the way in to leave room for the filling.
- Add the cheese and ham to the middle of your dough and fold the strips over the top.
- Fold up the dough on the ends to close the Stromboli up.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 20 mins.
- A higher fat cheese can produce a wetter dough. If this happens you can add in 1 tbsp coconut flour to bring it together as a dough.
- Serves 5
- 1184 Calories; 102g Fat; 48g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 12 net carbs